BEBE MODELS, LLC. (WWW.BEBEMODELS.COM) - Booking regulations and Contract
§ 1 General Remarks
The following provisions are intended to govern legal relations between models, model agencies and the respective clients in a binding manner, unless other agreements shall have been expressly made for specific cases. The members of BEBEMODELS, the models they represent and the clients of these models shall be protected from expectations and demands which are not common practice in the trade.
§ 2 Basis for booking (1) The agency shall make declarations to the client in the name and on behalf of the model. A client shall be defined as one who books with the agency, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking. (2) The client shall owe the agency a commission. Unless agreed otherwise, this commission shall amount to 20 % of the model's fee, or of the cancellation fee, plus tax if applicable.
The agency shall not bear any liability arising from this arranged legal relationship. Any claims of the client against the model may not be offset against the agency's claim to a commission, nor shall the client be entitled to exercise a right of retention. (3) The client also shall owe the agency a commission for subsequent bookings as long as the model is represented by the agency. The client shall undertake to refrain from direct bookings which circumvent the agency.
§ 3 Details of Bookings (1) Options
Options are reservations subject to a binding date. An option shall terminate if the client shall not make a confirmed booking no later than three workdays (by 6:00 p.m.) before the start of work or within one workday after being requested to do so by the agency. Saturdays and Sundays shall not be considered workdays. German calendar time shall apply.
Options shall be noted down in the order in which they are received. If a client's option is not the first option for a specific model, the client shall be informed of his option's priority. If an option should lapse, subsequent options shall move up in priority. (2) Confirmed bookings
Confirmed bookings shall be considered binding for both parties. At the client's request, the agency must confirm them in writing without delay, indicating essential details. (3) Weather-related bookings
Weather-related bookings are only permissible at the model's place of residence and must be expressly denoted as such. Unless agreed otherwise, these shall be considered as referring to fair-weather bookings. If weather conditions are not as desired or if they are unforeseeable, the client may cancel the booking with the agency up to one hour before the agreed start of work. In this case, the cancellation fee shall amount to 50 % of the agreed model's fee.
§ 4 Cancellation
(1) A confirmed booking can be canceled for cause. Cause for cancellation shall also be conditions which make the confirmed booking economically unacceptable. The agency must be informed of the cancellation without delay. (2) The cancellation must be made as many workdays before the start of work as the number of workdays and travel days that have been booked, however a minimum of three days beforehand. (3) Should the cancellation be made before 12 noon, this day shall count in making the calculation. Saturday and Sunday shall not be considered workdays. German calendar time shall apply. (4) Bookings by the day or hour must be canceled 24 hours before the start of work. (5) If the model should make the cancellation, the agency shall make every effort, even calling in another agency if necessary, to find an adequate substitute for the client. (6) If the cancellation should be late or without cause, the agreed model's fee must be paid.
§ 5 Working Hours
(1) The working hours for a booking by the day shall amount to eight hours, for a half-day booking, four hours. Unless agreed otherwise, the working hours for a booking by the day shall begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 6:00 p.m. with a one-hour break for lunch. (2) The working hours shall begin when the model meets the client at the agreed location at the agreed time. Preparations such as makeup and hair styling shall count as working hours. (3) Overtime shall be remunerated at 15 % of the agreed daily fee for each hour or part of an hour. If the working hours are exceeded by 30 minutes or less, this will be considered a favour and not put to account. (4) Travel together with the client from the hotel to the place of work (location) and back again shall be included in the working hours. Travel time amounting to a maximum of one hour per day shall be considered a favor and not put to account.
§ 6 Model's fee The model's fee shall include the daily fee and the buyout for rights of usufruct plus any tax which may apply. (1) Fashion rate
This shall include all photographs of clothing and accessories appurtenant to fashion (night-clothes, jewelry, stockings, shoes, hairdos, eyeglasses, etc.), which are designed in connection with fashion, insofar as this does not involve advertising. (2) Special fee Underclothes, corsets, nudes, consumer goods advertising, advertising with photographs at the fashion rate and advertising films shall require a separate agreement. (3) Half-day bookings and bookings by the hour The model's fee for half-day bookings shall amount to at least 60 % of the daily fee for models residing at the location. Half-day bookings and bookings by the hour shall always require a separate agreement for models who must travel to the place of work.
§ 7 Travel Expenses
(1) Recompense for days of travel
The model's traveling to and from the location shall only be recompensed if it falls, in whole or in part, within the usual working hours for models. The recompense for days of travel shall amount to:
up to 2 workdays: 1 daily fee, up to 4 workdays: ½ daily fee, 5 or more workdays: no recompense for days of travel, unless the traveling time takes up an entire workday.
(2) Travel expenses
Models residing at, or not traveling to, the location shall not receive a refund for costs of overnight stays or accommodations. Except for half-day bookings or bookings by the hour, costs of transportation by taxi will only be reimbursed from the city limits.
For all trips taken together with the model, the client shall bear the costs of travel, overnight stays and accommodations from the airport or train station from which the model departs. The remuneration shall be made in a lump sum conforming to the standard fiscal rate per workday or upon submission of the receipts.
If the model should word for several clients at one location, the costs for each workday must be divided up accordingly.
§ 8 Terms and Conditions of Payment
The model's fee, including cancellation fee, recompense for days of travel and travel expenses, shall be due upon receipt with no discounts. Travel expenses must be paid in the local currency or in German marks at the buying rate; other payments must be made in German marks.
§ 9 Complaints, Liability
(1) In the event of complaints, the client must inform the agency immediately and state the grounds for the complaint. Polaroid photographs must be taken to provide evidence for the complaint. The model must then be expressly released from the obligation to work. The model shall not be considered responsible for hair styling, styling and makeup. Proven client complaints shall revoke any obligation to pay for this model, including travel expenses. If photographs are nevertheless taken using the model, the client shall be considered as having waived all rights to complaint.
(2) If the model should be to blame for arriving late (due to oversleeping, missing a flight, etc.), the model shall accordingly be obliged to work longer. If, owing to specific circumstances, this should prove to be partially or entirely impossible, then the model shall lose the proportionate claim to a daily fee on the basis of the overtime rate.
(3) The client must take out an appropriate insurance policy for models involved in particularly hazardous shots. If the agency was not expressly informed of the hazard at the time of booking, the model shall be entitled to refuse performance and shall receive a cancellation fee in the amount of 70 % of the entire fee which was agreed.
(4) Further claims shall be subject to general statutory regulations. The model's liability as well as that of the agency, on any legal grounds whatever, shall be restricted to double the amount of the total fee, except in cases of gross negligence and wrongful intent.
§ 10 Rights of Use
(1) Unless otherwise agreed, paying the agreed model's fee shall give the client exclusively all rights of use to the photographs for one year within the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany for the agreed use, the agreed product and the agreed form of use. The limit of one year shall begin at the time of first actual use, but no later than two months after the photographs were taken.
(2) Any utilizations going beyond those listed above, in particular for posters, billboards, packaging, displays, videos, as well as any use of the model's name, shall require the express written consent of the agency.
Digital storage of the photographs shall be prohibited as a matter of principal and may only be undertaken with express written consent stating the exact purpose.
(3) Rights of use shall not be granted until the agreed buyout has been paid. Any utilization before the agreed amount has been fully paid shall be prohibited.
§ 11 Final Provisions
(1) German law shall apply to all parties to these booking conditions, agency, client and model. Place of performance for all obligations arising from the bookings in connection with rights of use shall be the place of business of the agency.
(2) The client shall undertake to make alterations or supplements to the bookings and deviations from these booking conditions only after previous consultation with the agency and shall refrain from enjoining the models to alter or make additions to the bookings during the days of work.
(3) Should any individual provisions of these booking conditions be ineffective, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In the place of the ineffective provision, that provision shall be considered agreed which best approximates the original intent and purpose. The same applies to filling loopholes in the contract.
(4) Legal venue for fully qualified merchants, legal entities under public law and clients without a place of general jurisdiction in the USA shall be the place of business of the agency, Orlando, Florida.
Model’s hair will not be colored or cut. No nudity, or wearing furs. Use of Model’s image in which she appears or is depicted nude, partially nude or in see-through attire, in a bathing suit or in lingerie requires the express prior written approval of BEBE Models Agency. Use of Model’s image will not be pornographic or derogatory or subject Model to ridicule or embarrassment. Models’s image will not be alteres or distorted. Changes requires the express prior written approval of BEBEModels Agency.
Customer is liable for the reasonable collection costs and attorneys‘ fees incurred by Model and BEBEModels Agency in collecting any amounts due from Customer.
BEBE MODELS, LLC. (WWW.BEBEMODELS.COM)
OWNERSHIP/TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
All content and information included on this site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, images, designs, artwork, photographs, logos, audio or video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of, or licensed to, BEBE Models or is the property of BEBE Models’ content suppliers or licensors and protected by the laws of the United States and other countries and international treaties. The compilation of all content on this site is the property of BEBE Models and is protected by the laws of the United States and other countries and international treaties. BEBE Models’ marks indicated on this site are registered trademarks of BEBE Models. All other marks that are not owned by BEBE Models that appear on this site, such as those of BEBE Models’ clients, are the property of their respective owners, which may or may not be affiliated with or connected to BEBE Models. All of the above marks may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the permission of BEBE Models or the owner of such marks.
LICENSE AND USE OF THIS SITE
BEBE MODELS RESERVES ALL RIGHTS TO DENY OR RESTRICT ACCESS TO THIS SITE TO ANY PARTICULAR PERSON, OR TO BLOCK ACCESS FROM A PARTICULAR INTERNET ADDRESS TO THIS SITE, AT ANYTIME, WITHOUT ASCRIBING ANY REASONS AND/OR NOTIFICATION WHATSOEVER.
Any information or materials you transmit, upload or otherwise submit to this site (including, without limitation, comments, reviews, email messages) or any creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts or other information sent to this site or other means of transmission or delivery, shall be collectively referred to as "submissions." If you transmit or otherwise deliver submissions to BEBE Models, you grant BEBE Models a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable (or the longest period permitted under law) license (with the right to sublicense and assign) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, transmit, make, sell, create derivative works from and distribute such submissions or incorporate such submissions into other works in any form or medium and through any means or modes of distribution or technology now known or hereafter developed. You hereby agree and represent to BEBE Models that you own or have been granted the necessary intellectual property and other rights in the submissions (including, without limitation, a waiver of any applicable moral rights) to grant such license to BEBE Models that no such submissions are, or shall be, subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of BEBE Models and that BEBE Models shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, BEBE Models shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without notice to or compensation to the provider of the submissions.
CONTENT LINKED TO THIS SITE
Please exercise discretion and common sense while browsing the internet while using this site. You should be aware that while you are on this site, you could be directed to other websites that are beyond our control. There are links (alone or via banner ads or icon boxes) to other websites from this site’s pages that take you outside this site. Access these links at your own risk. This includes links to organizations, fan clubs, advertisers, and industry associations, as well as websites maintained by BEBE Models’ sponsors, BEBE Models’ clients, BEBE Models’ events, BEBE Models’ affiliates and BEBE Models’ content partners (among others) that may or may not use our logo. You agree that BEBE Models has no responsibility or obligation to review or monitor these other websites. These other websites may send their own cookies to users of their websites, collect data, or solicit personal information. These other websites may contain content or information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. BEBE Models reserves the right (but shall have no duty) to disable links from these third party websites to this site. BEBE Models makes no representations concerning the content of websites linked to this site or listed in any of our directories. Consequently, BEBE Models cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in websites listed in our search results or otherwise linked to this site.
THIS SITE IS ACCESSED AND USED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THOUGH REASONABLE EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO ENSURE THAT THIS SITE IS CURRENT AND CONTAINS NO INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, NO GUARANTEES ARE MADE THAT THIS SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT AT ALL OR ANY TIMES.
THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, BEBE MODELS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BEBE MODELS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH CONTENT AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. BEBE MODELS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME STATE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
BEBE Models explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, truthfulness, completeness, content, or availability of content and information found on sites that link to or from this site. BEBE Models cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third party site that links to or from this site or third party content on our sites. BEBE Models does not endorse any of the merchandise, products or services (if any) except as expressly provided, nor has BEBE Models taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third party sites or content. BEBE Models does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against BEBE Models and our affiliates with respect to such sites and third party content and information. BEBE Models strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL BEBE MODELS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONS ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF BEBE MODELS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATE LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL BEBE MODELS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, OR TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF YOUR ACTUAL AND PROVEN DAMAGES.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in this site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting BEBE Models, its clients, events, products and services and its sponsors and advertisers available in the United States and its territories, possessions and protectorates. BEBE Models makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access and use this site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, codes, regulations and ordinances, as applicable.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512, BEBE Models reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your license to use this site if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing. In addition, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c), BEBE Models has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. All notifications of claimed infringement should be sent to our Designated Agent. Notification must be submitted to the following
Designated Agent: BEBE Models
BEBE Models, 7512 Dr. Phillips Blvd. 50-203, Orlando, FL 32819
United States of America, Attention: Legal Department
To be effective, any written notice regarding defamatory or infringing activity must be a written communication that includes the following information:* A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed;* Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials;* Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory, and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit BEBE Models to locate the material;* Information reasonably sufficient to permit BEBE Models to contact you, such as an address, a telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;* A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the content and material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and* A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
©BEBE Models, LLC. All rights reserved. 2009.
ALL TALENT THAT SIGNED IN WITH THIS WEBSITE IS CONTRACTED WITH BEBEMODELS &TALENT UNDER THE TERMS OF THE FOLLOWING:
I,(TALENT), hereby agree to engage you, BEBEMODELS (MANAGER/AGENT), as my agent to direct, develop and advance my career as a Talent. I hereby warrant that I do not have an exclusive contract with any other manager with respect to the talent services, which are subject of this agreement. Subject to my availability, you agree to use all reasonable efforts to assist me in obtaining contracts to perform talent services for clients. I understand and agree that I am not an employee of the MANAGER/AGENT. Rather, I am retaining you to perform services for me. I agree to pay you for your services a sum equal to twenty percent (20%) of all compensation received in connection with all professional services which I render during the term of this agreement (TERM) including services rendered pursuant to any agreements or extensions, renewals or amendments to any agreements entered into during the TERM. I am also aware that you are entitled to receive a service charge from all of the clients who may utilize my services. I agree that this service charge shall be an additional inducement for you to act on my behalf. TALENT also agrees to charges for all cost accumulated in promoting TALENT. The TERM of this agreement shall be ten(10) years from the date of sign up with Bebemodels & Talent hereof (ANNIVERSARY DATE) and shall be renewed automatically for five (5) years term on each ANNIVERSARY DATE thereafter. This agreement or any renewal thereof may be terminated ninety (90) days prior any anniversary date by either party with written notice to the other party. Such notice may be by personal delivery or by registered certified mail. You, MANAGER/AGENT, are hereby appointed my lawful attorney-in-fact with authority to demand, collect and receive in my name, any and all payments whether by cash, check or otherwise, to which I may become entitled; to make, execute and deliver receipts; to endorse, deposit and collect any check, note, draft or other instrument for the payment of monies that may be payable to my order, and to sign photographic releases and to do and perform any matter or thing whatsoever for and on behalf of me in my name, all in connection with my services covered by this agreement. The foregoing authority shall be irrevocable during the TERM of this agreement and any renewal hereof. In consideration of advance payments to be made by you, MANAGER/AGENT, to me, TALENT, I hereby assign to you the proceeds of the professional assignments, from which you have the authority to deduct from said proceeds, all monies due and owing to you that you have advanced to me. I agree to compensate you for any shortfalls and/or legal costs incurred by you in your collection of the proceeds of the professional assignments. You, MANAGER/AGENT, are hereby authorized to use my name, portrait and picture to advertise and publicize me in connection with your representation of me. I agree that the validity, the laws of the state of Florida shall govern interpretation and performance of this agreement, and I agree to attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of Orange County, Florida. This agreement is deemed executed on the date of signing up with the website of Bebemodels &Talent. The sign up process surves as my legal signature and date. My mother agency for all purposes (including commission, availability, and representation) is: Bebemodels &Talent
All rights reserved © 2009 BEBEMODELS, LLC